Mittwoch, 19. August 2009

Gründe, jetzt KEIN neues Auto zu kaufen

Ich hatte vor einem halben Jahr im Netzwerk Linkedin die Frage gestellt: Welche Gründe habt Ihr, Euch jetzt kein neues Auto zu kaufen:

Dear all,

within the last 6 months we experienced very high and then very low gasoline prices. Independend from the oil price niveau we see customers NOT buying cars.
Independend from the car segment, we see customers NOT buying cars.
Independend from attractive rabates at the car dealer, we see customers NOT buying cars.

So, what is your most important reason NOT to buy one now? I am very curious to learn ;-)

Best regards,

Frank


Hier die Antworten:

Possible reasons:
- 'I have a car that runs well;'
- 'the prices may be lowered further in the future months, so I am waiting to buy at the cheapest price;'
- 'I have credits I have to pay and, with this crisis, I think I'd be better off without another credit for a car;'
- 'I am putting money under the pillow to buy a new car in a coupe of years with cash; I am not so eager to buy a car right now, I can wait;'
- 'I am thinking green so I'm waiting to get a green car once it will be affordable for me;'
- 'I can't afford a car, even if the prices got lowered;'
- 'I don't see the need of a car right; I'm just fine with the public transport;'
- The car market became smaller once the majority of the population have already a car or two.

My personal reason is that I have a car with 18000 Km in two years that works just fine. I don't need a new one.
Messages from Ştefan-Radu Munteanu (1):
RE: What's your prior reason NOT to buy a car now?
posted 6 months ago | Reply to Ştefan-Radu Munteanu | Flag answer as...

I have 2 very nice Japanese cars (Rav 4 and G35) that have much better performance and resale than anything from the Big (?) 3.

I will be considering a new one in 2010 or 2011 but I am in no hurry as I see technology changing to be more "green".
Messages from Bryan C Webb, P. Eng. (1):
RE: What's your prior reason NOT to buy a car now?
posted 6 months ago | Reply to Bryan C Webb, P. Eng. | Flag answer as...

Don't need one right now. I would hope that alternatives start taking over so we won't have to worry about high gas prices which are creeping back...
Messages from DAVE MASKIN (1):
RE: What's your prior reason NOT to buy a car now?
posted 6 months ago | Reply to DAVE MASKIN | Flag answer as...

I don't see why I would need a car anyway. Cars are nothing but luxury products. In most civilized countries, the public transportation networks are great. Why would one want a car? To show of his/her social status? No, thanks. If you have money for a car, you also have money for the sick and the poor. So instead, give your money to them.

I have just paid off my Saturn, and I intend to maximize my investment by driving it as long as possible. Not one of those who gets a new car every couple of years.

I have not owned a car for the last seven years. If I have somewhere local to go, I walk. Otherwise, public transport is very efficient and costs me far less than owing a car. It is a simple matter of economics which, ironically, just happens to give me a very small carbon footprint.

My car is 11 years old, has 138k miles on it, is paid off, and runs great.

It comes down to the saying 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it.' There really isn't an incentive for me to add that kind of expense to an already strained budget.
Links: http://www.me2rr.com

I live in a metropolitan area, I am concerned for the environment, and there are other expenses that are more meaningful to me.

'cause I don't have a car on my own... I would actually buy one, if it would make sense, especially with the government allowance for dumping old cars. People here say that this additional benefit will cause a major sales push - for japanese cars...
Messages from Werner Beckmann (1):

I don't need a new car. My old car runs fine. Why would spend money on something I don't really need.

I've never learned to drive.

Walk or mass transit everywhere. But, of course, that's not possible for those who don't live in a city with 24-hour transit.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen